Sat-Nav systems using SK17 0RG postcode should bring you to us. However, please ignore Sat-Nav instructions to take you to Hollinsclough village as we are on the hill above – see details below.
The Sat-Nav target is usually our neighbour down the lane. Clough Head Cottage is the first house on the left with a tarmac drive and a grey barn next to the house.
You may find using Satellite view and/or Street View on the map above helps you visualise the Cottage (but Street View is now a bit out of date).
By car from the South
Coming from the South, from the A50:
- Take the A38/A52 to Ashbourne via Derby or the A515 to Ashbourne.
- Continue on A515, direction Buxton. After 13 miles turn left to Longnor.
- In Longnor turn right after Market Place towards Buxton, take first left at edge of village to Hollinsclough.
- Ignore next sign to Hollinsclough at bottom of hill, (which is sometimes selected by Sat-Nav systems), but carry on up past farm on right and take next right, with farm gate on corner.
- Clough Head Cottage is second right – first house on corner with a grey barn. There is a brown sign on the corner.
Coming from the South, from Leek:
- Take the A53 from Leek North towards Buxton. After 9.5 km take the right turn towards Longnor, immediately after the ‘Winking Man’ pub.
- Follow this for 4.5 km: the road goes down a steep descent bending to the left past a dairy farm on the right, and at the bottom there is a house on the right and a lane on the left turning back from the road, with a converted stone barn on the left and barn on the right. Take this lane and after crossing the River Manifold it climbs a steep hill. At the top turn left and then very shortly right.
- Clough Head Cottage is second right down this lane – first house on corner with a grey barn. There is a brown sign on the corner.
By car from the North
Coming from the North, from Buxton:
- Take the A53 to Leek..
- At Flash Bar, the Knights Table pub, take left turn. Follow this for getting on for two miles, going down and up on to Hollinsclough Moor (ignore a turn to the left half way, marked not suitable for HGV, which is sometimes selected by Sat Nav systems).
- When the road starts to descend in a long straight, look out for the next left – the turn has farm gate on either side of lane.
- Clough Head Cottage is second right – first house on corner with a grey barn. There is a brown sign on the corner
Use this link to get Google Map directions from the A53/A515 junction in the centre of Buxton near the railway station.
From Manchester Airport
[28 miles: 50 – 65 min, depending on traffic]
- Take Ringway Rd out of airport using lane marked ‘Cheadle/B5166’, heading East on to Styal Rd/B5166 [Follow signs to Quarry Bank Mill/Styal Country Park].
- After 2¾ miles, come to a T: turn right, still on B1566 towards Styal & Wilmslow.
- After 1.2 miles, turn left onto Station Rd in Styal (signposted Styal Golf Club)
Station Rd turns right and becomes Stanneylands Rd and after another mile becomes Dean Row Road. Follow signs to Dean Row, this goes over A34.
- Go through two roundabouts and at third take the first exit, to Macclesfield (A5102/B5358)
- Shortly come to another roundabout: take the second exit, to Macclesfield (B5358)
- Follow B5358 2½ miles to A523 junction (traffic lights): Turn right to Macclesfield (A523)
- Follow A523 into Macclesfield until you reach traffic lights, with Arighi Bianchi warehouse on left and railway station on right: take the left turn here to Buxton (A537)
- Follow A537 towards Buxton… after 8½ miles, it merges with A54, and continues 1¾ miles to junction with A53 at edge of Buxton, where you make a sharp right turn towards Leek.
Use this link to get Google Map directions.
If you are stuck, please use the contact details below!